- Minimum Age. You must be at least 18 years old to use the Site or to register for the Services. By using the Singles Service, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old. Other Services may have other age requirements for all or portion of such Services, and such other age requirements are stated on such Services or portions thereof.
- Marital Status. By registering to use or using the Singles Service, you represent and warrant that you are single or (if legally married) separated. If you are married and not separated, you may not register to use or use the Singles Service.
- Criminal History. By requesting to use, registering to use, and/or using the Singles Service, you represent and warrant that you have never been convicted of a felony and/or are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity. EHARMONY DOES NOT CURRENTLY CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND SCREENINGS ON ITS MEMBERS. However, eHarmony reserves the right to conduct any criminal background check, at any time and using available public records, to confirm your compliance with this subsection. BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU HEREBY AUTHORIZE ANY SUCH CHECK.
- Meeting Matching System Criteria. The Service requires your completion of the Registration Questionnaire in order for eHarmony to find highly compatible matches for you. However, eHarmony may still deliver matches to you if you have not completed the RQ, provided that the self-select portion (e.g. match distance, age preferences, etc.) has been submitted. These pre-RQ matches will not be confirmed as compatible. eHarmony will note in your profile which matches are compatible if the RQ is completed.
2. Use of Site and Service.
As a user of the Site or a user registered to use any of the Services (a "Registered User"), you agree to the following:
3. Proprietary Rights.
- Ownership of Proprietary Information. You hereby acknowledge and agree that eHarmony is the owner of highly valuable proprietary information, including without limitation, the patented compatibility matching system, compatibility profiles, and relationship questionnaires (collectively, "Confidential Information"). eHarmony owns and hereby retains all proprietary rights in the Services and the Site, including but not limited to, all Confidential Information.
- No Use of Confidential Information. You will not post, copy, modify, transmit, disclose, show in public, create any derivative works from, distribute, make commercial use of, or reproduce in any way any (i) Confidential Information or (ii) other copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information accessible via the Services, without first obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- Other Users' Information. Other Registered Users may post copyrighted information, which has copyright protection whether or not it is identified as copyrighted. You agree that you will not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, commercially use, or sell any eHarmony or third party proprietary information available via the Services or the Site.
- License to Posted or Accessed Content. By posting information or content to any profile pages or public area of the Services, or making it accessible to us by linking your eHarmony account to any of your social network accounts (e.g. via Facebook Connect), you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to eHarmony and its users, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide license to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such information and content, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sub-licenses of the foregoing. From time to time, we may create, test or implement new features or programs on the Site in which you may voluntarily choose to participate or may be a part of a test group with special access, in accordance with the additional terms and conditions of such features or programs. By your participation in such features or programs, you grant us the rights stated in this subsection in connection with the additional terms and conditions (if any) of such features or programs.
4. User Information.
- Privacy Statement. For information about the collection and possible use of information and material provided by you, please click on eHarmony's Privacy Statement located on the Site. By using the Site or the Services, you are consenting to the terms of eHarmony's Privacy Statement.
- No Contact Information. You agree that you will not post any e-mail addresses, personal website address or profile page you may have on a third party website, or other contact information in the "About Me" section of the Singles Service or in any other communications you may have with other users. You may, at your discretion, exchange such information after you reach the "eHarmony Mail" phase with your match.
- Disclosure By Law. You acknowledge and agree that eHarmony may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend eHarmony's, or a third party's, rights or property; or (3) protect someone's health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including the user) is threatened.
- Disclosure to Protect Abuse Victims. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement or the Privacy Statement, eHarmony reserves the right, but has no obligation, to disclose any information that you submit to the Services, if in its sole opinion, eHarmony suspects or has reason to suspect, that the information involves a party who may be the victim of abuse in any form. Abuse may include, without limitation, elder abuse, child abuse, spousal abuse, neglect, or domestic violence. Information may be disclosed to authorities that eHarmony, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate to handle such disclosure. Appropriate authorities may include, without limitation, law enforcement agencies, child protection agencies, or court officials. You hereby acknowledge and agree that eHarmony is permitted to make such disclosure.
- Use of Anonymous Information for Research. By using the Services, you agree to allow eHarmony to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences through the Services to continue eHarmony's research into successful relationships and to improve the Services. This research, conducted by psychologists and behavior research scientists, may be published in academic journals. However, all of your responses will be anonymous, and we will not publish research containing your personal identifying information.
5. Links to Third-Party Web Sites / Dealings with Advertisers and Sponsors.
The Services may contain links to web sites of third-parties, including without limitation, advertisers, which are not under the control of eHarmony, and eHarmony is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such web sites. eHarmony provides these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply that eHarmony endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content on such third-party web site. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers or sweepstakes sponsors found on or through the Services (including payment and delivery of related goods or services, any personal information or opt-in contact information voluntarily given to advertisers and sweepstake sponsors, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings) are solely between you and such advertiser or sweepstakes sponsor. You agree that eHarmony will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings, including the sharing of the information you supply to eHarmony with advertisers or sweepstakes sponsors, or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Services. Please visit our Privacy Statement to learn more about how we use your information.
6. Disclaimer of Warranty.
- No Warranties. THIS SECTION WILL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EHARMONY PROVIDES THE SERVICES ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES OR THE SITE (INCLUDING ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. EHARMONY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE, ERROR-FREE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. EHARMONY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, THE CONNECTIVITY AND AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES.
- Third Party Content. Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Services, but not directly by eHarmony, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. EHARMONY DOES NOT: (i) GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SERVICES, OR (ii) ADOPT, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT MADE BY ANY PARTY OTHER THAN EHARMONY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL EHARMONY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ANYONE'S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED ON THE SERVICES, OR TRANSMITTED TO OR BY ANY USERS.
- Beta Features. From time to time, eHarmony may offer new "beta" features or tools with which its users may experiment on the Services. Such features or tools are offered solely for experimental purposes and without any warranty of any kind, and may be modified or discontinued at eHarmony's sole discretion. The provisions of this Disclaimer of Warranty section apply with full force to such features or tools.
7. Limitation of Liability.
- Incidental Damages and Aggregate Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL EHARMONY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR PROGRAMS, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS AND PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, EVEN IF EHARMONY KNOWS OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL EHARMONY'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY, IN ANY FORM OF ACTION WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE, EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY YOU FOR YOUR ACCOUNT, OR, IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID EHARMONY FOR THE USE OF ANY SERVICES, THE AMOUNT OF US$25.00 OR ITS EQUIVALENT.
- No Liability for non-eHarmony Actions. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL EHARMONY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER REGISTERED USERS OF THE SERVICES. THIS INCLUDES ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE CONDUCT OF USERS WHO HAVE REGISTERED UNDER FALSE PRETENSES OR WHO ATTEMPT TO DEFRAUD OR HARM YOU.
- Information Verification. eHarmony and its contractors may use various ways of verifying information that users have provided. However, none of those ways are perfect, and you agree that eHarmony and its contractors will have no liability to you arising from any incorrectly verified information.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless eHarmony, its subsidiary and parent companies, and each of their officers, directors, employees, agents and related third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of any third party claim that (a) your use of or inability to use the Site or Services, (b) any user postings made by you, (c) your violation of any terms of this Agreement or your violation of any rights of a third party, or (d) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. eHarmony reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with eHarmony in asserting any available defenses.
9. Complaints / Law Enforcement Contact.
To resolve a complaint regarding the Service, you should review our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) by clicking on the Help link located at the bottom of any page of the eHarmony website, or e-mail us by clicking here . Law enforcement officials may send correspondence (such as subpoenas, court orders and warrants) to eHarmony via facsimile at (424) 249-7285. All other communication or inquiries sent to this facsimile number will be discarded.
10. Communication and Privacy.
We may use your email address to send you messages notifying you of important changes to the Services or special offers. Further, we may contact you by telephone if you voluntarily provide us with your telephone number, in order to communicate with you regarding the Services. If you do not want to receive such email messages or telephone calls (including at any wireless number you may have voluntarily provided us), please refer to our Privacy Statement to review your options.
11. Term and Termination.
This Agreement will become effective upon your acceptance of the Agreement by your use of the Site or the Services and will remain in effect in perpetuity unless terminated hereunder. Either you or eHarmony may terminate your account at any time, for any reason or no reason, without explanation, effective upon sending written notice to the other party. eHarmony reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate your access to any of the Services, without notice, for any reason or no reason. We also reserve the right to remove your account information or data from our Services and any other records at any time at our sole discretion. In the event your access to any of the Services is suspended due to the breach of this Agreement, you agree that all fees then paid to eHarmony by you will be nonrefundable. You may terminate your account by following the steps in the applicable section under "Cancellations" below, or by sending a notice of cancellation to: eHarmony, Inc., Attn: Cancellations, P.O. Box 241810, Los Angeles, CA 90024 USA. Following any termination of any Registered User's use of the Singles Service, eHarmony reserves the right to send a notice thereof to other Registered Users which whom you have corresponded.
- Cancellation At Any Time With No Refund. Except as otherwise stated in this section, you may cancel your registration or subscription to any Services at any time during the term of such registration or subscription or any renewal period by accessing the "Account Settings" page under the "My Settings" option on your membership home page, clicking on "Cancel My Subscription" or "Close Account" link, and providing the information requested. In such case, your subscription will terminate at the end of the subscription term for which you have paid, and you will not receive any refund for any unused days of such subscription term. If you purchase a subscription on an installation payment basis (such as three-part pay), cancellation will not affect your obligation to pay the total contractual amount due on your subscription and your credit card will continue to be charged the scheduled payments until the remaining balance is paid in full.
- 3-Day Cancellation. Regarding the Singles Service, you, the buyer, may cancel the Agreement, without any penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of the third business day following the date of this Agreement, excluding Sundays and holidays. To cancel this agreement, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a signed and dated notice, or telegram, which states you, the buyer, are canceling this agreement, or words of similar effect. This mailed notice shall be sent to eharmony, Inc., Attn: Cancellations, P.O. Box 241810, Los Angeles, CA 90024 USA. Please include the e-mail address associated with your eharmony account in this notice. You may receive further information on this process by clicking here. For Singles Services, the day that you submit a completed subscription form will be the date of this Agreement. Any refunds under this 3-day cancellation policy will be made within 10 days after eHarmony's receipt of your cancellation notice.
- Cancellation As a Result of Death or Disability. If by reason of death or disability you are unable to receive all Singles Services for which you contracted, you or your estate may elect to be relieved of the obligation to make payments for services other than those received before death or the onset of disability, except as provided in subsection (iii).
- If you have prepaid any amount for the Singles Service, so much of the amount prepaid that is allocable to services that you have not received will be promptly refunded to you or your representative.
- "Disability" means a condition which precludes you from physically using the Singles Service during the term of disability and the condition is verified in writing by a physician designated and remunerated by you. Written verification from the physician must be presented to eHarmony.
- If the physician determines that the duration of the disability will be less than six (6) months, eHarmony may extend the term of the Single Services contract for a period of six (6) months at no additional charge to you in lieu of cancellation.
In order to provide continuous service, eHarmony automatically renews all paid subscriptions for the Services on the date such subscriptions expire. We always communicate renewal periods to you in the subscription plan page, before you finalize the purchase of your subscription, upon confirmation of purchase, and in the body of any special promotions sent to our users. By entering into this Agreement, you acknowledge that your account will be subject to the above-described automatic renewals. In all cases, if you do not wish your account to renew automatically, please follow the directions set out under "Cancellation At Any Time With No Refund" above.
14. Specific Terms Controlling the Premium Services.
Use of the Premium Services shall be subject to the additional terms and conditions found here.
15. Arbitration Agreement & Class Action Waiver
- Purpose: This Arbitration Agreement facilitates the prompt and efficient resolution of any disputes that may arise between you and eHarmony. Arbitration is a form of private dispute resolution in which parties to a contract agree to submit their disputes and potential disputes to a neutral third person (called an arbitrator) for a binding decision, instead of having such dispute(s) decided in a lawsuit, in court, by a judge or jury trial.
Please read this Arbitration Agreement carefully. It provides that all disputes between you and eHarmony shall be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration replaces the right to go to court. In the absence of this Arbitration Agreement, you may otherwise have a right or opportunity to bring claims in a court, before a judge or jury, and/or to participate in or be represented in a case filed in court by others (including, but not limited to, class actions). Entering into this Arbitration Agreement constitutes a waiver of your right to litigate claims in court and all opportunity to be heard by a judge or jury. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. The arbitrator must follow this Arbitration Agreement and can award the same damages and relief as a court (including attorney’s fees, if otherwise authorized by applicable law)
For the purpose of this Arbitration Agreement, “eHarmony” means eHarmony, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents. The term “Dispute” means any dispute, claim, or controversy between you and eHarmony regarding any aspect of your relationship with eHarmony, whether based in contract, statute, regulation, ordinance, tort (including, but not limited to, fraud, misrepresentation, fraudulent inducement, negligence, gross negligence or reckless behavior), or any other legal or equitable theory, and includes the validity, enforceability or scope of this Arbitration Agreement (with the exception of the enforceability of the Class Action Waiver clause below). “Dispute” is to be given the broadest possible meaning that will be enforced.
WE EACH AGREE THAT, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BELOW, ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, AS DEFINED ABOVE, WHETHER PRESENTLY IN EXISTENCE OR BASED ON ACTS OR OMISSIONS IN THE PAST OR IN THE FUTURE, WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT.
Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution: For all Disputes you must first give eHarmony an opportunity to resolve the Dispute. You must commence this process by mailing written notification to P.O. Box 241810, Los Angeles, CA 90024 USA. That written notification must include (1) your name, (2) your address, (3) a written description of the Dispute, and (4) a description of the specific relief you seek. If eHarmony does not resolve the Dispute to your satisfaction within 45 days after it receives your written notification, you may pursue your Dispute in arbitration.
- Arbitration Procedures: If this Arbitration Agreement applies and the Dispute is not resolved as provided above (“Pre-Arbitration Claim Resolution”) either you or eHarmony may initiate arbitration proceedings. The American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), www.adr.org, or JAMS, www.jamsadr.com, will arbitrate all Disputes, and the arbitration will be conducted before a single arbitrator. The arbitration shall be commenced as an individual arbitration, and shall in no event be commenced as a representative or class arbitration. All issues shall be for the arbitrator to decide, including the scope of this Arbitration Agreement.
For arbitration before the AAA, for Disputes of less than $75,000, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes will apply; for Disputes involving $75,000 or more, the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules will apply. In either instance, the AAA’s Optional Rules For Emergency Measures Of Protection shall apply. The AAA rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. For arbitration before JAMS, the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures and the JAMS Recommended Arbitration Discovery Protocols For Domestic, Commercial Cases will apply. The JAMS rules are available at www.jamsadr.com or by calling 1-800-352-5267. This Arbitration Agreement governs in the event it conflicts with the applicable arbitration rules. Under no circumstances will class action procedures or rules apply to the arbitration.
Because your contract with eHarmony, the Terms of Service, and this this Arbitration Agreement concern interstate commerce, the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the arbitrability of all Disputes. However, the arbitrator will apply applicable substantive law consistent with the FAA and the applicable statute of limitations or condition precedent to suit.
- Arbitration Award:The arbitrator may award on an individual basis any relief that would be available pursuant to applicable law, and will not have the power to award relief to, against or for the benefit of any person who is not a party to the proceeding. The arbitrator shall make any award in writing but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. Such award by the arbitrator will be final and binding on the parties, except for any right of appeal provided by the FAA, and may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties for purposes of enforcement.
- Location of Arbitration: You may initiate arbitration in either Los Angeles, CA or in the federal judicial district that includes your address that you provide in your written notification of Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution. In the event that eHarmony initiates an arbitration, it may only do so in the federal judicial district that includes your address that you provide in your written notification of Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution.
- Payment of Arbitration Fees and Costs: eHarmony will pay all arbitration filing fees and arbitrator’s costs and expenses upon your written request given prior to the commencement of the arbitration. You are responsible for all additional fees and costs that you incur in the arbitration, including, but not limited to, attorneys or expert witnesses. Fees and costs may be awarded as provided pursuant to applicable law. In addition to any rights to recover fees and costs under applicable law, if you provide notice and negotiate in good faith with eHarmony as provided in the section above titled “Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution” and the arbitrator concludes that you are the prevailing party in the arbitration, you will be entitled to recover from eHarmony your actual and reasonable attorney’s fees and costs as determined by the arbitrator.
- Class Action Waiver: The parties agree that the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a class or representative proceeding or claims (such as a class action, representative action, consolidated action or private attorney general action) unless both you and eHarmony specifically agree in writing to do so following initiation of the arbitration. Neither you, nor any other Member of eHarmony and/or user of eHarmony services, can be a class representative, class member, or otherwise participate in a class, representative, consolidated or private attorney general proceeding.
- Limitation of Procedural Rights: You understand and agree that, by entering into this Arbitration Agreement, you and eHarmony are each agreeing to arbitration instead of the right to a trial before a judge or jury in a public court. In the absence of this Arbitration Agreement, you and eHarmony might otherwise have had a right or opportunity to bring Disputes in a court, before a judge or jury, and/or to participate or be represented in a case filed in court by others (including class actions). You give up those rights. Other rights that you would have if you went to court, such as the right to appeal and to certain types of discovery, may be more limited in arbitration. The right to appellate review of an arbitrator’s decision is much more limited than in court, and in general an arbitrator’s decision may not be appealed for errors of fact or law.
- Severability: If any clause within this Arbitration Agreement (other than the Class Action Waiver clause above) is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this Arbitration Agreement, and the remainder of this Arbitration Agreement will be given full force and effect. If the Class Action Waiver clause is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then this entire Arbitration Agreement will be unenforceable, and the Dispute will be decided by a court.
- Continuation: This Arbitration Agreement shall survive the termination of your contract with eHarmony and your use of eHarmony services.
16. General Provisions.
- Right to Seek Injunction. Violation of this Agreement may cause eHarmony irreparable harm, and therefore agree that eHarmony will be entitled to seek extraordinary relief in court, including but not limited to temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions and permanent injunctions without the necessity of posting a bond or other security, in addition to and without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that eHarmony may have for a breach of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement, which you accept upon registration for the Services, the Privacy Statement located on the Site, and any applicable payment, renewal, additional Services terms, comprise the entire agreement between you and eHarmony regarding the use of this Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and eHarmony related to your use of this Site or Services (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of this Agreement). The FAQ's found on the Services are for informational purposes only and are not deemed to be part of this Agreement. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the Agreement will survive termination of your registration to the Service. The failure of eHarmony to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
17. Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice.
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible on this Site, please notify eHarmony's copyright agent, as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA). For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
1. An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Site;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit eHarmony to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
6. A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
The above information must be submitted to the following DMCA Agent:
Designated Copyright Agent
P.O. Box 241810, Los Angeles, CA 90024 USA
email@example.com (only DMCA notices will be accepted at this email address. All other inquiries or requests will be discarded)
18. Revision Date.
This Agreement was last revised on February 6, 2017.
Copyright © 2000-2017 eHarmony, Inc. All Rights Reserved. EHARMONY, COMPATIBILITY PROFILE, COMPATIBILITY MATCHING SYSTEM, 29 DIMENSIONS, SECURE CALL, PROFILE ADVISOR and several other marks, colors, and images are registered and common law trademarks of eHarmony, Inc. Other trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.